Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mac "n" Cheese Product w/ Tuna and Corn :) ($.59 per person)

My mac "n" cheese product is what I made to win my husband over! When we got together, he was what I called health food freak. So, when I mentioned to him about my special mac "n"cheese and its ingredients, I got this, "Velveeta is not cheese, it is a cheese product." with a look of disgust. However, his attitude totally changed after he ate some :) From that point on, my mac "n" cheese has been referred to as my mac "n" cheese product.

I have always been single mother of two and usually worked two jobs, prior to marrying Stephen. So, I have always cooked on a budget and usually made meals that were convenient. Not all my meals are healthy, but I try to squeeze in something healthy when I can (whole wheat pasta, etc)

By the way, this recipe is doubled because we anticipate another snow day tomorrow so we can have left overs for lunch :)

Ingredients to buy:
2 boxes of Great Value Whole Wheat Elbows - $1.00 each = $2.00
3 cans of Bumble Bee Tuna - $1.00 each = $3.00
1/2 box of Velveeta Cheese made with 2% milk - $4.98 so half would be $2.49
3 cans Great Value Corn - $.67 each = $2.01

Pantry Items:
1/2 stick of butter or margarine
2 cups of milk
salt and pepper

1. Cook elbows as directed and drain
2. Over low heat add elbows, milk, butter, tuna, cubed velveeta, salt and pepper.
3. Stir frequently until cheese is melted. Add more milk if needed.
4. Heat corn with salt and pepper.

That is it, that easy! Remember this will feed 8 people two times!!!

Total cost is $9.50 and feeding 8 people twice makes it $.59 per person!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment